Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 19, 2018, 10:07:44 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Tara McNeill Forum
|-+  Other Topics
| |-+  Forum Contest and Events (Moderator: GlenS)
| | |-+  Membership Drive
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Membership Drive  (Read 1574 times)
CWazyTom
The CWazy Canadian
Administrator

We love you, Tara!

View Profile
    « on: August 16, 2016, 12:42:45 PM »

Hey everyone,

Glen and I are trying to come up with some ideas to get more members. If anyone has any ideas, let's use this thread for brainstorming.

The more the merrier!

Thanks!
    « Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 06:29:28 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
    Welcome to Celtic Woman, Tara!
    CWazyTom
    The CWazy Canadian
    Administrator

We love you, Tara!

View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 05:02:52 PM »

Tara followed the forum's Twitter account this morning! ;D

We're up to 30 followers on Twitter!

It's been tough getting people to join the forum though. I keep poking the CW forum and I'm trying some creative ways to get people on Twitter over to the forum.

But it seems my best chance of getting people over here is to work people over individually.

I'm a little surprised the chat feature hasn't drawn more people here yet, but I suppose its value/appeal will increase when we get more people to come here.
    GlenS
    Administrator

View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 05:24:33 PM »

I think this is why she followed the twitter account this is the message I sent her on Facebook which says she seen it at 4:37 am my time

Hi Tara I hope you like and will support the new forum I have built for you. I would hope you would help promote the Forum you could put a link on your web site to the forum. Also I do give away for donations is there any chance I could send some Photos if I can find some good photos to have printed in 8x10 s  to you to sign and return to me and I will provide the return shipping. Welcome to the Family the fun ride begins now enjoy Thanks Glen

CWazyTom
    The CWazy Canadian
    Administrator

We love you, Tara!

View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 11:01:48 PM »

I'm trying some different things to encourage people to sign up. Below is a pic I made to try to draw people's attention into the forum.

The idea of the image is to convey that pressing on the sign-up button is a positive thing. I'm hoping it has at least some emotional appeal to a few fans out there. Hopefully it achieves at least part of that objective. I stink at art, I'm afraid.

As useful as our social media accounts are for praising Tara, interacting with fans, sharing media, and increasing forum visibility, their role is to support the forum.

We're doing a decent job of getting people to follow on social media, but it costs money to run this place and people will only be interested in chipping in if they come over here and more importantly, want to keep coming back and post here.

I really believe that while social media has advantages in terms of reach and media sharing, there are things you can do with a forum that you can't do as effectively with social media accounts. Things like sharing links and Q+A, for instance.

I also find forums much easier to search, especially for "archived" content. Social media accounts are mostly linear creatures. Going back to search for old posts and information therein can be cumbersome.

Those are just some the reasons I think it's really important to get people interested in supporting the forum itself.

I'm sure if we put our minds together, we can figure out some ways to increase the activity in the forum itself. If you have any ideas, please post them here.

Much appreciated!

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 12:23:47 AM by CWazyTom » Logged
    Jav343

View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 02:32:02 AM »

I could be your publicist and spread the word high and wide. Of course, a small payment of 89,965.604.00 Euros would be required in several overseas banking  institutions. Only because I'm a fabulous PR fella...
    « Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 02:35:25 AM by Jav343 » Logged
    Everyone is Irish at Heart
    CWazyTom
    The CWazy Canadian
    Administrator

We love you, Tara!

View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 07:36:33 AM »

I could be your publicist and spread the word high and wide. Of course, a small payment of 89,965.604.00 Euros would be required in several overseas banking  institutions. Only because I'm a fabulous PR fella...

Haha! Tempting. Not sure the forum has the budget. Maybe when we have 90,000 fans or so.  :P
    Bibliophile345

View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 10:41:15 PM »

Nice picture. You could always try Youtube, I know there a lot of people there.
    CWazyTom
    The CWazy Canadian
    Administrator

We love you, Tara!

View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 10:51:15 PM »

Nice picture. You could always try Youtube, I know there a lot of people there.

Interesting idea. Thank you!

Glen has a pretty impressive collection on his YouTube channel and lots of subscribers:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/gaswigg

Hopefully we can get Tara's permission to post her videos on there (we asked, just waiting). That would be a great way to promote the forum to a wide audience.

My own fledgling YouTube channel was basically just for testing at first. I'm starting to post some playlists on there, but it doesn't quite have the subscriber base to make an impact just yet. Lol.
    GlenS
    Administrator

View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 11:00:02 PM »

Your right Tom my youtube channel now has over 3300 subscribers and over 4 million views of 239 video's all are related to Celtic Woman and this is the About for the page

I support my local PBS, Celtic Woman, Orla Fallon, and Hayley Westenra. I own none of these and mean no harm by posting them and wish everyone that comes here goes out and buys a copy of their cd or dvd
    Thanks
    Glen
    This YouTube channel is in support of Celtic Woman and the Girls forums
    www.maireadcarlinforum.com
    www.susanmcfaddenforum.com
    www.Eabhamcmahonforum.com
    www.Taramcneillforum.com

Tom I also like the photo

I also hope Tara gives her permission to post her CW video's
    CWazyTom
    The CWazy Canadian
    Administrator

We love you, Tara!

View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 06:39:05 PM »

Hey everyone,

We're always trying to grow our community here on the forum.

Let's try to brainstorm some ideas for getting people to sign up and keep coming back.

Any suggestions, post them here, please.

Thank you!

CWazyTom
    The CWazy Canadian
    Administrator

We love you, Tara!

View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 02:24:27 PM »

As the 2016 calendar year approaches its end, here's a summary of how we're doing in terms of social media and forum membership:
    • Twitter Followers: 137   (My goal was 150 by the end of the year. Almost made it.  :) )
    • Facebook Followers: 62 page likes
    • Forum Members: 31

I definitely think forums were more the rage before the girls were so active on social media, but I still believe the Forums are a place to share thoughts and stories that just aren't practical on social media (Twitter has character limits, Facebook has privacy issues and it's hard to search for archived info, even with its search functions). If I want to find information, I look on the forums first and I only go to social media searches if what I'm looking for isn't on a forum.

The thing with forums is that they're member driven. The more passionate fans we have posting in here the better. So if you know anyone that might be interested, please let them know. If you know folks that signed up but haven't been back in a while, please remind them that we have some awesome content on here and lots of great people to chat with.

I can accept that a lot of people just aren't interested in visiting or posting on forums a lot (time constraints, don't believe strongly enough in the benefits, etc.).

There's a lot of things that happened since December 2015 that essentially changed my life. The interactions and the people I've met on the litany of CW-related forums I post on have played a huge role. That's one of the reasons I will always believe in the power of these forums.  :)
    « Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 03:38:27 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
    Pages: [1] Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
    Tara McNeill Forum, Membership Drive - Theme by GlenS